Credits

I would like to give credit where credit is due. Videos are from YouTube and other sources such as NicoNico while Oricon rankings and other information are translated from the Japanese Wikipedia unless noted.

Sunday, April 28, 2019

Hitomitoi -- Summer Breeze '86


It was definitely a busy weekend with a translation assignment, my regular Skype student and even a first-time podcast but it was that first task that has my shoulders in knots right now. Thankfully, I got it done a full 24 hours before its due date. Now I just have to face the music with my doctor tomorrow since I've gained a few kilos over the past several months (sigh). Just can't win.


Well, at least for the evening, I can relax a bit with some good music through the lovely tones of Hitomitoi(一十三十一). Her "Summer Breeze '86" from her "City Dive" album of 2012 provides some super sunset solace. I'm slightly surprised that there was no mention of the second singer since he's in there enough to make this a duet, in my opinion. Written and composed by Cunimondo Takiguchi(クニモンド瀧口)from Ryusenkei(流線形), I wonder if he is indeed singing with Hitomitoi as well.

Anyways, "Summer Breeze '86" is one of those songs that is slightly difficult to classify. It's got that R&B groove although I wouldn't say that it goes into funk but still has that nice and light pop feeling. Plus, it's mellow enough to travel into AOR territory, and even with at least one of those synthesizers in there, I was even wondering whether I should list it as at least a partial technopop tune, but I have held off. Inevitably though, it doesn't matter. It's just a tune that induces me to exhale the fatigue out and inhale some fine vibes.

My Sunday is coming to an end and Heisei is also approaching its finish within the next few days.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to provide any comments (pro or con). Just be civil about it.