Credits

I would like to give credit where credit is due. Videos are from YouTube and other sources such as NicoNico while Oricon rankings and other information are translated from the Japanese Wikipedia unless noted.

Monday, April 8, 2019

Rei -- Lazy Loser


Singer-songwriter Rei was someone that I first saw on an episode of the NHK music-variety show "Banana Zero Music" (バナナ♪ゼロミュージック), providing some blistering rock and blues guitar.


However, her J-Wiki profile has her covering all sorts of genres including classical guitar, alternative, and just plain J-Pop. Rei also has plenty of guitars in her possession including a 1956 Gibson LG-2, a 1966 Fender Duo-Sonic II and a Gibson ES-225. Not being a guitar fan myself, my mouth isn't exactly hitting the carpet, but my anime buddy, who's become very enamored with the instrument and has gotten his own guitars over the past few years, may widen his eyes a bit.

Starting her career in 2011, she released a digital single in September 2018 titled "Lazy Loser" about a character who makes a sloth appear hyper. It's pretty catchy, too, in an Avril Lavigne "Girlfriend" sort of way. Her website can provide any further information.

2 comments:

  1. Hello J-Canuck,

    Well, my eyes widened quite a bit. Those two Gibson's alone cost enough to put a down payment on a new car. Ever since I encountered a rare Gibson 12' string electric guitar that an older cousin owned I was hooked.

    However, since Gibson's (both vintage and new) are thousands of dollars to purchase I guess I'll die never owning one. Besides I have several guitars of my own that I'm fine with.

    I went to Rei's Instagram page and the guitars that she posts pictures of are to die for. That blue Rickenbaker! (drool)

    Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi, Chasing Showa!

      Yeah, she's quite the collector and player. And I think my buddy is in the same boat. He's got about 7 or 8 guitars including a bass, and he may be picking up a Stratocaster when he heads over to Japan in a while.

      Delete

Feel free to provide any comments (pro or con). Just be civil about it.