Credits

I would like to give credit where credit is due. Videos are from YouTube and other sources such as NicoNico while Oricon rankings and other information are translated from the Japanese Wikipedia unless noted.

Saturday, November 16, 2019

Kyozo Nishioka -- Puka Puka(プカプカ)


Slightly over a month ago, I wrote about the late folk singer-songwriter Kyozo Nishioka(西岡恭蔵)and his "Umi Houzuki Fuki"(海ほうずき吹き)from 1974.


Well, for this nice and lazy Saturday, I've found another earlier song by Nishioka called "Puka Puka" (Puffing Away). This one was his debut single from July 1972 and it was also included in his debut album "Dylan nite"(ディランにて...At Dylan's)released on the same day.

With a relaxing and catchy melody, the song is about a man whose girlfriend is incorrigible when it comes to her vices which include smoking and gambling but still probably loves her all the same and forever. She is a vice that he can't give up.


Just the tonic that I need to chill out before I get ready for the next lesson with my student later on tonight.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to provide any comments (pro or con). Just be civil about it.