Credits

I would like to give credit where credit is due. Videos are from YouTube and other sources such as NicoNico while Oricon rankings and other information are translated from the Japanese Wikipedia unless noted.

Friday, May 22, 2020

Kenjiro Sakiya -- Lavender no Naka de(ラベンダーの中で)



I did visit Hokkaido years ago but only Sapporo, so I missed out on the famous lavender fields of Furano. As the video above from the YouTube channel, Good Day Hokkaido, shows you, the lavender spreads out like a huge rolling carpet to produce what is probably one of the most famous landscapes in Japan. Since I've missed my opportunity, I think the only lavender that I'll come across in the near future will still be through an aerosol can.


Now, according to Wikipedia, lavender isn't native to South America but man, am I really liking this Latin-spiced song by Kenjiro Sakiya(崎谷健次郎)titled "Lavender no Naka de" (In the Lavender). Originally from his March 1988 album "Realism", that's some nice bossa nova arranged in this peppy number by Sakiya and lyricist Rinko Yuuki(有木林子). And that arrangement reminds me a bit of 80s group Matt Bianco. I may need to spray the room with lavender after hearing this...well, I may need to spray the room regardless after dinner. All joking aside, this song alone would make me want to purchase "Realism", if available.

However, though, a remastered version of "Realism" was released last year with a healthy number of bonus tracks. Happily, "Lavender no Naka de" is still in there.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to provide any comments (pro or con). Just be civil about it.