Credits

I would like to give credit where credit is due. Videos are from YouTube and other sources such as NicoNico while Oricon rankings and other information are translated from the Japanese Wikipedia unless noted.

Sunday, August 2, 2020

Takenoya Central Heating -- All My Loving/Koi no Vacance (恋のバカンス)


Yesterday, I wrote about "Itsuwari no DJ"(偽りのDJ)by the comic band Daddy Takechiyo & Tokyo Otoboke Cats(ダディ竹千代&東京おとぼけCATS)and at the same time, I discovered something rather special. During my research, I found out that Daddy had been involved in a fun little lark with some good buddies from the music industry called Takenoya Central Heating(竹野屋セントラルヒーティング)thanks to a radio program called "Pioneer Sound Research" on FM Tokyo in 1980.

Those good buddies happened to be Tatsuro Yamashita(山下達郎), Keisuke Kuwata(桑田佳祐), Mariya Takeuchi(竹内まりや), and Masanori Sera(世良公則), and they had a nice little jam session. On the "Itsuwari no DJ" article, I put up TCH's cover of The Beatles' "Twist and Shout". I was so charmed and delighted by the fact that these legends pulled an all-star gig that I have also decided to provide another couple of songs that they did.

One is another Beatles' classic, "All My Loving" (1964) for which I first heard the original on the airplane stereo offerings while on that flight to Tokyo in 1981. Then right after that, TCH gives their rendition of the kayo chestnut "Koi no Vacance" originally done by The Peanuts in 1963. I was able to find out on the J-Wiki article for "Koi no Vacance" (along with the information on the radio program) who was on which instrument: Tats was on drums, Mariya was on keyboard, Daddy and Kuwata were on guitar, and Sera was on bass. Apparently, both Tats and Kuwata have played the songs on their respective radio shows in the past.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to provide any comments (pro or con). Just be civil about it.