Credits

I would like to give credit where credit is due. Videos are from YouTube and other sources such as NicoNico while Oricon rankings and other information are translated from the Japanese Wikipedia unless noted.

Friday, June 10, 2022

Hiromi Go -- Lonely Night

 

Perfect for tonight, I bring you another track from one of Hiromi Go's(郷ひろみ)City Pop releases, "Super Drive" from December 1979. Up to now, nikala and I have introduced "Irie Nite" (入江にて), "My Lady"(マイレディー)and "Feel Like Goin' Home" from this album, and this time around, it's "Lonely Night".

The final track on "Super Drive", it's a quiet pull-out-all-the-stops sort of song to finish the record as the young Go basically sounds like one big sultry come-on via a slow urban strut that feels as if it had been created by the duo Airplay (David Foster & Jay Graydon). But it was actually lyricist Machiko Ryu(竜真知子)and composer/arranger Mitsuo Hagita(萩田光雄)who were responsible with The 24th Street Band interpreting the score . I wouldn't doubt it if Go's crooning performance had a lot of fans hot and bothered here while those disco strings were going absolutely loopy near the end.

I really have got to get my own copy of "Super Drive" someday.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to provide any comments (pro or con). Just be civil about it.