Tuesday, July 21, 2026

Juice=Juice -- More! Mi Amore(盛れ!ミ・アモーレ)

 

I caught my first "Uta Con"(うたコン)in a couple of weeks, and not surprisingly, the theme of the episode this week was the summer song. So, of course, one of the ultimate J-Pop summery bands TUBE showed up, and I have to say that leader and vocalist Nobuteru Maeda(前田亘輝)did a great job with Tatsuro Yamashita's(山下達郎)"Ride on Time"

Veteran aidoru group Juice=Juice was also there and if I'm not mistaken, they took care of the finale. They sang their 20th single as a major act, "More! Mi Amore" (Look Hot! Mi Amore) which is actually one-half of a double A-side single accompanying "Shi no Go no Iwazu Satto Wakarete Ageta"(四の五の言わず颯(さっ)と別れてあげた...I Made a Clean Break of It Without Any Fuss). I'd assumed that the single was their latest from this year but it actually got released in October 2025.

Another crazy assumption that I'd had was that looking at the title, I thought this was some sort of tribute to Akina Nakamori's(中森明菜)"Meu Amore" but that's further from the truth. Instead, the song was written and composed by singer-songwriter Aoi Yamazaki(山崎あおい)although both songs have got that frenetic Latin spice infused into their DNA. There's nothing like a Latin-arranged aidoru tune to get the group going all crazy with the choreography which will get the fans all into a lather at the concerts. The single managed to hit No. 2 on Oricon.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to provide any comments (pro or con). Just be civil about it.