I don't get a chance to eat dim sum all that much anymore since the anime-and-meal Sundays have now been a thing of the past for over five years. Not that my anime buddy and I did it every time but we did visit some of those restaurants from time to time to chow down on har gow, siu mai and chicken feet.
My gastronomic memories of dim sum were triggered once more on seeing this music video for aidoru duo PASMAL's recent July 2026 single "BULL". Although the song is apparently themed around infatuation, the video has Yun and Natsu battling over the last siu mai on the platter. I don't think my buddy and I were ever that competitive about our meals. In any case, "BULL" is a short and adorable electropop ditty with the high school girls appearing like a more animated and updated version of Wink.
I couldn't get that much information about PASMAL but at this point, I found out that the name comes from the French expression "pas mal" meaning "not bad" with the intention being that not only should people celebrate the big victories but also the small wins that make daily life happy enough. The big surprise is that PASMAL is produced by singer-songwriter Ai Otsuka(大塚愛)who also takes care of their songs under the pen name of AIO. The concept behind the duo is that Yun and Natsu are smalltown girls who are slowly making their way through life in the megalopolis that is Tokyo through their quirky pop. They started up in the middle of this year.

No comments:
Post a Comment
Feel free to provide any comments (pro or con). Just be civil about it.