Credits

I would like to give credit where credit is due. Videos are from YouTube and other sources such as NicoNico while Oricon rankings and other information are translated from the Japanese Wikipedia unless noted.

Sunday, March 14, 2021

TRIX -- Forget It

 

Yeah, yeah, I know! Trix are for kids. I've been watching those commercials for decades.

Well, not in this case because we're not dealing with sugary cereal here. This Trix happens to be a Japanese fusion band that has been around since 2004 and its current lineup is drummer Noriaki Kumagai(熊谷徳明)of Casiopea(カシオペア), bassist Mitsuru Sudo(須藤満)from T-Square, keyboardist AYAKI and guitarist Hidehisa Sasaki(佐々木秀尚).

Trix has released 17 albums up to 2020 and 2 BEST compilations, all but one having one single English word as a title. The June 2016 entry is named "Evolution" and the first track happens to be "Forget It", and lyrics (supposedly "Evolution" was the first Trix album to feature vocals) and music are by Kumagai. It's super smooth with some of that gleaming keyboard work and rumbling bass and I think it can be as much technopop as it is a supremely catchy fusion number. I think that futuristic cover with that robotic model who looks like the girlfriend for one of the Daft Punk members also helps in having me think that there is something synth-y about "Forget It". Unlike the title, I can't really forget it.

Yep, I can't help but feel that "Forget It" would be ideal accompaniment during a drive through this type of city. Well, maybe when I'm 85.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to provide any comments (pro or con). Just be civil about it.