Credits

I would like to give credit where credit is due. Videos are from YouTube and other sources such as NicoNico while Oricon rankings and other information are translated from the Japanese Wikipedia unless noted.

Thursday, February 2, 2023

MKLNtic -- Happy Life(はっぴーらいふ)

 

I've been faithfully watching my choice of anime over the past few weeks. One has been the very well-regarded "Bocchi The Rock!"(ぼっち・ざ・ろっく!)and the other one is the second season for the series "Uzaki-chan wa Asobitai!"(宇崎ちゃんは遊びたい!...Uzaki-chan Wants to Hang Out!). I did see the first season and with Season 2 it's been the usual comfortable slice-of-life fun and games involving the supremely genki Hana Uzaki(宇崎花)and her grumbly senpai Shinichi Sakurai(桜井真一)in university.

The theme songs for the first season didn't particularly hit me in any direction and the opening theme for Season 2 seemed a little conventional. However, I've been a bit more partial to the ending theme, "Happy Life", which I had assumed was sung by seiyuu Naomi Ozora(大空直美)who portrays Uzaki since her character was mouthing the lyrics during the closing credits.

But of course, I was wrong. It was actually recorded by the duo MKLNtic who are virtual singer Kano(鹿乃)and singer Lon(ろん). Consider me a sucker for the changing chords in this one and the light rap by the pair is adorable enough. "Happy Life" was written, composed and arranged by chinozo.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to provide any comments (pro or con). Just be civil about it.