Credits

I would like to give credit where credit is due. Videos are from YouTube and other sources such as NicoNico while Oricon rankings and other information are translated from the Japanese Wikipedia unless noted.

Friday, November 5, 2021

Mayumi & Toshio Kamei -- Edenist of Eternity

 

Love is a karaage bento. My family doctor will strenuously disagree but only if I engorge in this on a daily basis. However, I never went quite that crazy on the fried chicken and rice, and I certainly don't get a chance to partake in it these days. But despite the years away from my go-to meal, I have yet to curl up into a fetal position in one corner of my home (not that I could physically do that anyways). I'm OK, you're OK.

For me, I guess that the karaage bento is quite the hedonistic pleasure, and perhaps that's what "Edenist of Eternity" is all about. This is a track from MAYUMI's, aka Mayumi Horikawa(堀川まゆみ), January 1986 album "Maym", and it's quite the banger. Unfortunately, I couldn't find the lyrics for "Edenist of Eternity" by Ko Suzuki(鈴木孝)but the music by MAYUMI herself with Masaki Matsubara's(松原正樹)arrangement certainly describes one heck of a good time during a Tokyo night. The song kinda straddles the funk of early 80s City Pop and some of that sophist-pop keyboard bounciness of the late 80s version. Before tracking down the songwriters, the sound of it had me initially thinking Hiroshi Sato(佐藤博)but of course I was mistaken there.

As for MAYUMI's singing partner in the happy duet, it's none other than Toshio Kamei(亀井登志夫)who helped out in the songwriting but not in the singing of one of the other tracks on the album "CA-SI-NO"(カ・ジ・ノ). Enjoy your Friday night!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to provide any comments (pro or con). Just be civil about it.