Credits

I would like to give credit where credit is due. Videos are from YouTube and other sources such as NicoNico while Oricon rankings and other information are translated from the Japanese Wikipedia unless noted.

Friday, September 30, 2022

Masayuki Suzuki -- Kimi ga Kimi de Aru Tame ni(きみがきみであるために)

 

Looks like Martin and United Colors of Benetton struck a deal. Har-de-har-har.😁

Anyways, my collection of those tiny CD singles has been gathering a fine layer of dust recently, so I got out the brush to get it all off. I knew that it was a very long while playing any of these since to my surprise, I discovered a Masayuki Suzuki(鈴木雅之)song that I had completely forgotten about all these years. "Kimi ga Kimi de Aru Tame ni" (Because You are You) is Suzuki's 22nd single hailing from May 1997, and indeed, it is everything that one would expect from a Martin song: heaps of cool soul, those glasses and wonderful suit, the to-die-for horns and that voice. And once again, I get images of driving down the intra-metropolitan highways of Tokyo at night amongst the buildings as I listen to this. 

Written by Kitsuma Ohshita(大下きつま)and composed by Joe Rinoie(ジョー・リノイエ)of the pop band Romantic Mode, "Kimi ga Kimi de Aru Tame ni" was also used as the theme song for the TV Asahi drama "Saiko no Shokutaku"(最高の食卓...The Best Dining Table). The song reached No. 14 on the Oricon charts and was also included in Martin's November 1997 8th album "Carnival", a release that ranked in at No. 10.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to provide any comments (pro or con). Just be civil about it.