Credits

I would like to give credit where credit is due. Videos are from YouTube and other sources such as NicoNico while Oricon rankings and other information are translated from the Japanese Wikipedia unless noted.

Friday, January 19, 2024

Slip Some Disco?

 

Not that I ever was a John Travolta on the disco floor myself, but Kayo Grace, I'm not sure if that is a disco move you're making there. But hey, who am I to criticize? You're enjoying yourself...that's the important thing.

Anyways, just out of a sense of whimsy...and "Kayo Kyoku Plus" has shown plenty of that over the past twelve years, I'm putting up some of my favourite disco-tinged tunes. Good times!

(1978) Taeko Ohnuki -- Iidasenakute (言いだせなくて)


(1978) Ryuichi Sakamoto -- Elastic Dummy


(1978) Hiromi Iwasaki -- Cinderella Honeymoon (シンデレラ・ハネムーン)


(1980) Mariya Takeuchi -- Sweetest Music


(1982) EPO -- Girl In Me


(1997) Ulfuls -- Sore ga Kotae da! (それが答えだ!)

2 comments:

  1. A number of these were pretty recognizable songs! And, I think you may have done some posts focusing specifically on each of the songs in this post, or at least most of them.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yup, I have the links above to the original posts.

      Delete

Feel free to provide any comments (pro or con). Just be civil about it.