Credits

I would like to give credit where credit is due. Videos are from YouTube and other sources such as NicoNico while Oricon rankings and other information are translated from the Japanese Wikipedia unless noted.

Sunday, August 24, 2014

Fantastic Plastic Machine -- Why Not?




This was another one of those impulsive purchases by me when I was browsing through the CD shop...most likely Tower Records in Shibuya. I just heard this rather loopy and quirky song over the speakers, tracked it down and realized it was Fantastic Plastic Machine's 4th single titled "Why Not?". Featuring Ryohei Yamamoto, this came out in November 2002. Considering this was created by FPM, it didn't sound like his usual Shibuya-kei, Austin Powers-friendly output from the late 90s. I never had a huge collection by the fellow...something that I plan to rectify in the near future....but I figured that he had to evolve from the genre as we all entered the 21st century.

I didn't realize that there was an official music video for "Why Not?". But several months ago, I came across it on YouTube. A fair bit of skin n' tease here and on the cover of the CD itself.




A clothing-optional CD, apparently.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to provide any comments (pro or con). Just be civil about it.