Credits

I would like to give credit where credit is due. Videos are from YouTube and other sources such as NicoNico while Oricon rankings and other information are translated from the Japanese Wikipedia unless noted.

Saturday, January 23, 2021

Fantastic Plastic Machine featuring Su -- Dance Dance Dance Dance

 

Tomoyuki Tanaka earned the first name of his nom du guerre, Fantastic Plastic Machine, by being able to loop a whole variety of disparate sounds into pure crazy catchiness, and for this particular song, that includes frenzied guitar striking, beeps and beats along with the inclusion of key words including the word "dance" by MC Su, a member of the hip hop group RIP SLYME.

Yup, "Dance Dance Dance Dance" is from FPM's 5th studio album "Imaginations" from February 2006. I mean, there shouldn't be anything by stringing those sounds together that would make me funk it up. And yet, each time I listen to "Dance Dance Dance Dance", I end up becoming that joyous fellow from the "Dancing Man at the Wedding" meme photo. Mind you, in all likelihood, he probably dances far better than I ever did at the Copa.

It's plainly evident in the music video above by houng ju mun that the lyrics state "How we doing?" but when I hear Su rap that out, I can't help but hear Joey from "Friends" saying his immortal line.

2 comments:

  1. This is one of my favorite FPM songs. Very nice choice!

    ReplyDelete

Feel free to provide any comments (pro or con). Just be civil about it.