Credits

I would like to give credit where credit is due. Videos are from YouTube and other sources such as NicoNico while Oricon rankings and other information are translated from the Japanese Wikipedia unless noted.

Saturday, January 16, 2021

Pink Sapphire -- One Step Up

 

Hard to believe that the female rock band boom in Japan happened so long ago but indeed it's been over 30 years now. Indeed, there were Princess Princess and NORMA JEAN, and there was also Pink Sapphire.

After seeing Pink Sapphire's hit song "P.S. I Love You" through their music video a number of times, I did pull the trigger and bought the CD single of the song. What I didn't know was that there was also an EP with the same title that came out in September 1990

One of the songs there is "One Step Up" which I heard for the first time last year and hearing those particular guitar chords, I got rather nostalgic for my JET days again. I haven't really heard any contemporary mainstream rock bands in the last little while through the Kohaku or any of the regular music shows, so it was rather refreshing again to hear Pink Sapphire again. While the band provided the melody, Yoshiko Miura(三浦徳子)wrote the lyrics.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to provide any comments (pro or con). Just be civil about it.