Credits

I would like to give credit where credit is due. Videos are from YouTube and other sources such as NicoNico while Oricon rankings and other information are translated from the Japanese Wikipedia unless noted.

Saturday, January 16, 2021

T-Bird -- Omoi no Mama ni(想いのままに)

 


Good heavens! What is that streaming force blinding my eyes and bringing some heat and clarity to my surroundings?! It is truly magnificent! Ah...sunlight, you say? Yes, this weekend's initial sarcasm has been brought to you by J-Canuck since it has felt like the sun abandoned us for the entire first half of January. I was very glad to actually see (indirectly, of course) our local ball of superheated plasma as I went out for a short walk this morning. Plus the bonus was that it wasn't too cold either, although we've been informed that the frigid weather will be hitting us soon enough.

Well, I figure that for such a meteorologically auspicious occasion, a very happy and cheerful song should be beginning things for this Saturday's chapter of "Kayo Kyoku Plus". And it's a new band that I'm bringing on board.

T-Bird doesn't have any article on J-Wiki so I had to search on Yahoo.jp, and found some history behind this band through an Ameba blog run by Megallon. In 1975, Ryo Komuro(小室良)and Katsuhiko Sasaki(佐々木克彦)met and created a group called Etsuchuuya or Ecchuya Band(越中屋BAND)but with the addition of Yasufumi Tajima(田島康史), the name was changed to T-Bird (short for Thunderbird). With some more members, T-Bird made its official debut in 1977 through Japan Victor.

One of T-Bird's hits was "Omoi no Mama ni" (As You Wish) which can be found on their 1979 album "Lightning". A big and boisterous mellow rock tune that certainly had me tapping my foot as I was listening to it, it and sunshine streaming into my room combined to help levitate my mood. Komuro and Sasaki worked on the lyrics while the former took care of the rollicking melody. I had hints of SHOGUN and maybe even a bit of H2O in terms of similar band output. I see that they have a couple of more tunes at least on YouTube, so I will have to take a look at those sometime down the line.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to provide any comments (pro or con). Just be civil about it.