Credits

I would like to give credit where credit is due. Videos are from YouTube and other sources such as NicoNico while Oricon rankings and other information are translated from the Japanese Wikipedia unless noted.

Friday, September 15, 2023

Kuniko Fukushima -- Rhapsody(ラプソディー)

 

Although I'm not a gamer like some of my friends, even I heard about "Cyberpunk 2077" with Keanu Reaves when it was time to roll it out in 2020. I did hear about some of the issues that it was having when it was introduced, though. However, in the last couple of nights, I've been encountering some of the drives and strolls through the game's setting of Night City, and I have to say that I'm really impressed. It's all grungy, scary, breathtaking and futuristically attractive, and for a guy who's fascinated by future architecture and whatnot, this has been quite the bee's knees!😂

Just my luck then that I had this particular song on standby. One of the neighbourhoods in Night City is Japantown and I've been hearing someone doing some banter in the language and maybe some music. Perhaps Kuniko Fukushima's(福島邦子)"Rhapsody" can be that other song which could be hauntingly echoed over the wet streets of Japantown. Written and composed by Fukushima as her July 1983 single along with Makoto Yano's(矢野誠)arrangement, there's something (to me, anyways) regarding "Rhapsody" that could fit the mood there and then with the City Pop beat (including the sax) and the technopop keyboard that sounds as if it came from a Taeko Ohnuki(大貫妙子)tune back around the same time.

It's been just around two years since I posted a Fukushima song on KKP. The last one was "Gypsy"(ジプシー) from February 1979.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to provide any comments (pro or con). Just be civil about it.