Credits

I would like to give credit where credit is due. Videos are from YouTube and other sources such as NicoNico while Oricon rankings and other information are translated from the Japanese Wikipedia unless noted.

Sunday, May 5, 2024

tofubeats -- I Can Feel It

 

Getting late into Sunday night and I was happy to have a good long chat with KKP veteran JTM earlier tonight over movies and a recent trip to Japan. Hadn't heard from him for a number of weeks so it was good to touch base again.

I also hadn't touched base with singer/producer/track maker Yusuke Kawai(河合佑亮), aka tofubeats, in over three years...not since I posted "Disco no Kamisama"(ディスコの神様)featuring comedian and actor Takashi Fujii(藤井隆). So it is nice to have him back on the program as it were, and tonight I have him performing "I Can Feel It", the first track on his April 2024 digital album "NOBODY"

"I Can Feel It" is straight-on danceable techno-R&B for a Sunday...or even a Friday...night. I don't think I'm even all that flexible anymore but I was still doing intense shifting with my left heel as the song was going for its nearly five minutes above. And it's always nice having a video of nonchalantly driving through the big Japanese city as the song chugs through. If I'm not mistaken, the protagonist in the automobile is stuntwoman Saori Izawa(伊澤彩織). Kinda got those old Fantastic Plastic Machine vibes once more.

2 comments:

  1. It is hard to tell who is that car! The video scenes are so fast!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, someone was definitely chugging the coffee during that shoot and edit.

      Delete

Feel free to provide any comments (pro or con). Just be civil about it.