Credits

I would like to give credit where credit is due. Videos are from YouTube and other sources such as NicoNico while Oricon rankings and other information are translated from the Japanese Wikipedia unless noted.

Tuesday, October 11, 2016

Aru Takamura -- I'm In Love


Another discovery on YouTube the other night, I had never heard of Aru Takamura(高村亜留)but I really like this track, "I'm In Love" from her debut album "Aru First" which was released in May 1985. I guess she belonged to the underwater nine-tenths of the iceberg. It's short but sweet (although with that very abrupt ending, I wonder if there was actually more to the song), and it has that funk n' horns which I always enjoyed in a good R&B tune of the day although sometimes they threatened to cover up her slightly whispery voice. The lyrics were written by Yuuho Iwasato(岩里祐穂)and the strutting music was by Masao Nakajima(中島正雄).

The late Takamura was born in 1961 and when she was 17 years old, she declared to her mother that she would become a singer and soon entered a rock band. They covered all of the Aerosmith and KISS hits but then started exploring soul music. Finally, Takamura would come out with her first album in 1985 followed by her second, and last, album a year later. Unfortunately in August 2014, she passed away from cervical cancer.




2 comments:

  1. Please, make a review of her second album 'Ta Ta My Love~ARU 2nd~'!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi there.

      I wish I could but I don't have any of her albums and I'm not sure if any of her songs from "Ta Ta My Love" are on YouTube.

      Delete

Feel free to provide any comments (pro or con). Just be civil about it.