Credits

I would like to give credit where credit is due. Videos are from YouTube and other sources such as NicoNico while Oricon rankings and other information are translated from the Japanese Wikipedia unless noted.

Friday, October 11, 2019

Easycome -- Tsutsuji(つつじ)


Got a couple of comments from friends living in Japan earlier today stating their concerns about this super typhoon by the name of Hagibis bearing down on the archipelago this weekend. It means something in Tokyo when Japan Railways and the subway system decide to pre-emptively shut everything down. I don't think I've ever seen that happen on that scale when I was living there. Here's hoping that everyone stays safe over the next couple of days.


If I were still in Ichikawa, I probably would have taped up the windows of my small apartment and hunkered with all of the stores of food and my SONY Discman. On the old contraption, I most likely would be playing songs such as this one called "Tsutsuji" (Azaleas) by the band Easycome.

I have only encountered this one tune by this laidback guitar pop band (great name, by the way) and it's nice to hear as a sunny relaxing tune from their 2nd mini-album from August 2017 called "O-Tenki deshita"(お天気でした...It Was Fine Weather). As ironic as this album title sounds during these meteorologically uncertain days, I have been finding "Tsutsuji" soothing and as appropriate for home listening as well as cafe listening. Vocalist/guitarist Chiikama(ちーかま)has a voice that reminds me somewhat of singer aiko and the whole band's sound takes me back to the 1990s time of guitar pop by bands such as Spitz.

Easycome launched in 2015 and along with Chiikama, there is also johnny on the drums, Ochiai(落合)on guitar and Kodama(コダマ)on bass. The band's first full album was released in July this year.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to provide any comments (pro or con). Just be civil about it.