Credits

I would like to give credit where credit is due. Videos are from YouTube and other sources such as NicoNico while Oricon rankings and other information are translated from the Japanese Wikipedia unless noted.

Thursday, April 23, 2020

Kei Ishiguro -- I Remember You


Last November, I wrote about an elegant 1978 kayo by singer/actress Kei Ishiguro(石黒ケイ)called "Wasureyuki"(忘れ雪)which brought to mind some of the music by Mieko Nishijima(西島三重子).


Well, in October 1984, Ishiguro released her 9th single "I Remember You", and this one has more of a languid 50s love tune feeling along the same lines of a similarly titled song "Do You Remember Me?" by Yuki Okazaki(岡崎友紀). Heck, even the lyricist is the same: Kazumi Yasui(安井かずみ). Daisuke Inoue(井上大輔)was responsible for the melody over which Ishiguro glides over like a soft evening breeze.

Apparently, "I Remember You" was also used as the commercial song for a brand of Suntory beer. I'd say that it would be an appropriate tune for nursing a can of suds while on the back porch. Maybe there's even a Thunderbird in the driveway.🚗

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to provide any comments (pro or con). Just be civil about it.