Credits

I would like to give credit where credit is due. Videos are from YouTube and other sources such as NicoNico while Oricon rankings and other information are translated from the Japanese Wikipedia unless noted.

Sunday, April 12, 2020

Tomoyo Harada -- Tokimeki no Accident(ときめきのアクシデント)


I realize that this Easter isn't a normal one and people are missing the big extended family get-togethers, but if I can provide a bit of Easter chocolate-y sweetness to your day, I will be quite happy.


So, why not start with some 80s aidoru goodness then? I found this 2nd single for Tomoyo Harada(原田知世), "Tokimeki no Accident" (Heartthrob Accident) which was released back in October 1982. This was the opening theme song for a Fuji-TV school drama "Nerawareta Gakuen"(ねらわれた学園...Target Academy) starring the aidoru, and in an example of the typical observation of strong melodic arrangements surrounding some not-so-strong teenybopper vocals in that decade, Harada's flighty delivery fulfills the adorable aidoru quotient against a fairly lush AOR-esque melody made by Takao Kisugi(来生たかお)arranged by Katsu Hoshi(星勝). The lyrics by Etsuko Kisugi(来生えつこ)relate the usual puppy love situation.


I have to say thought that although I realize that this is an aidoru tune, there is quite a bit more bubbliness in "Tokimeki no Accident" than I thought there would be for a song penned by the Kisugis. Still, those serious piano chords that I've expected from Takao Kisugi are right in there. The single peaked at No. 67 with 15,000 records sold.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to provide any comments (pro or con). Just be civil about it.