Credits

I would like to give credit where credit is due. Videos are from YouTube and other sources such as NicoNico while Oricon rankings and other information are translated from the Japanese Wikipedia unless noted.

Thursday, April 23, 2020

Tatoeba Anata to Watashi no Kankei ni Tsuite -- Move On


I've been more than happy to start up and continue with "Kayo Kyoku Plus" for a number of reasons. My initial mission to seek out other fellow kayo fans in the world quickly attained its goal within a few months thanks to the comments, and I'm happy that some of them became my fellow writers on the blog. Also, the blog and the commenters have provided me with a lot of new songs to enjoy to the extent that I've bought the originating albums. 

One other thing that I've been grateful for is that along with the ability to find out about new songs in City Pop, my favourite genre, I've also been to discover a lot of the artists and songs representing urban contemporary music in Japan going into the 21st century. There have been Ryusenkei and Hitomitoi, and then in recent years, I've been able to enjoy the sweet sounds of Blue Peppers and BLU-SWING.


In the last couple of days, I was informed on my Twitter feed that a new band decided to follow big ol' me. Tatoeba Anata to Watashi no Kankei ni Tsuite(例えばあなたと私の関係について)which translates as "For Instance, Regarding Our Relationship" has identified itself as a City Funk group that started up early in 2019 according to their website. First off, let me thank them for following me and I have followed them in turn.

Due to the length of their name, they've also kindly let folks know that it can be abbreviated down to Tatoana(たとあな)so I will refer to them from now on that way, and the Labels will indicate that as well. Back on April 11th, Tatoana released their first EP, "City Funk" for digital download, and with it, is the track "Move On". It's a healthy slice of fine groove, perfect for a café (are they performing in a café?). It's as short and sweet as that cheesecake as you can see in the thumbnail photo at the top, and along with the smooth vocals of Eri☆na, I enjoyed the Korg (the inheritor keyboard for the Fender Rhodes for 70s/80s City Pop?) and laid-back guitar work. Plus, it's the first time that I've ever seen a drummer (Noya) shimmy through his performance. The other members are Kaipan on keyboard, Corgi (?) on bass and Kenji Takagi on guitar.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to provide any comments (pro or con). Just be civil about it.