Credits

I would like to give credit where credit is due. Videos are from YouTube and other sources such as NicoNico while Oricon rankings and other information are translated from the Japanese Wikipedia unless noted.

Friday, July 28, 2023

Michihiro Kobayashi -- Margarita(マルガリータ)

 

TGIF! We're supposedly in the last day of a three-day heat event with some cooler weather arriving for the weekend. The above is a Coconut Margarita that I had with my Crispy Chicken Sandwich when I caught "The Flash" in VIP a few weeks ago. The margarita wasn't so strong to get rid of my memories of how bad the CG was in the movie but it sure was tasty.😵

Let's start off this Friday's batch of urban contemporary stuff from Japan with singer-songwriter Michihiro Kobayashi's(小林みちひろ)"Margarita". A few years ago, I wrote about this obscure fellow's "Giniro no Ame"(銀色の雨)from his 1980 album "Nice to Meet You". Well, "Margarita" happens to be its track mate. I noted that "Giniro no Ame" has some Tatsuro Yamashita(山下達郎)here and some AOR band Ambrosia there. This time though, I've noticed that Kobayashi has taken on a bit of Yosui Inoue(井上陽水)in his delivery against the background of a snappy and bubbly Caribbean rhythm which would deserve its own Coconut Margarita.🍹 Perhaps I can add that this particular song, just like a real margarita, has got its own genre ingredients: City Pop, Latin, New Music and J-AOR.

Kobayashi wrote and composed the song while Ichizo Seo(瀬尾一三)provided the arrangement. I gather that folks here and in Japan are probably hitting the margaritas hard today....or settling for some refreshing beer.🍺

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to provide any comments (pro or con). Just be civil about it.