Credits

I would like to give credit where credit is due. Videos are from YouTube and other sources such as NicoNico while Oricon rankings and other information are translated from the Japanese Wikipedia unless noted.

Monday, June 3, 2024

festa mode -- Aishiterutteba(愛してるってば)

 


It was at the end of April that I wrote up the second entry for 1990s group festa mode, "Kanransha no Monologue ~ spring mix"(観覧車のモノローグ). Well, evidently, this song was the trio's biggest hit in their half-decade time together between 1992 and 1997.

"Aishiterutteba" (I Said I Love You) is a sparkling pop tune about kataomoi that was used in an Iona Cosmetics commercial. It was released as their 4th single in August 1994 with lyrics by Chihiro Sawa(沢ちひろ)and music by festa mode guitarist Hiroshi Sunada(砂田裕史). The song also made it onto the band's 2nd album "Festa Mode II" which came out in September. By the way, the commercial is by Iona but it's not the one containing the song.

3 comments:

  1. This is another one of those songs that really reminds me of Kasahara Hiroko. I wonder what type of genre this is?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was kinda wondering myself. It's not Shibuya-kei for sure but the pop sound here seems emblematic of the times. Nice and light.

      Delete
  2. At one point it Bella Beaux Entertainment seemed to classify Kasahara Hiroko's style as 'city pop' some others claim she is Jpop. However, in my humble opinion J-pop seems to cover a vast variety of different genres. Similarly, people have thrown the J-pop label onto Festa Mode, too! There has got to be a better label for this very distinctive type of music.

    ReplyDelete

Feel free to provide any comments (pro or con). Just be civil about it.