Credits

I would like to give credit where credit is due. Videos are from YouTube and other sources such as NicoNico while Oricon rankings and other information are translated from the Japanese Wikipedia unless noted.

Tuesday, October 22, 2024

Yoko Nakamura -- Natsu Iro My Heart(夏色マイハート)

 

Well over a year ago, I introduced a brief-career aidoru by the name of Yoko Nakamura(中村容子)via her 1984 debut single "Teenage Soldier"(ティーンエイジ・ソルジャー). I also compared her slightly with 90s singing star Kohmi Hirose(広瀬香美)due to those high and clear bell-like tones.

Now, allow me to take you to her fourth and final single "Natsu Iro My Heart" (Summer Color My Heart) which was released in June 1985. Written by Hiromi Fukunaga(福永ひろみ), composed by Hideya Nakazaki(中崎英也)and arranged by Shiro Sagisu(鷺巣詩郎), she doesn't quite sound like Hirose here as her vocals are somewhat more reserved but still girlish. There's something also kinda Seiko Matsuda(松田聖子)as well when Nakamura sings those verses along with Sagisu's arrangements and the wailing electric guitar and those gliding strings giving a certain refinement to everything. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to provide any comments (pro or con). Just be civil about it.