|Yurakucho Mullion Clock|
One of the great landmarks in Tokyo.
The catchphrase evolved into a trendy phrase outright for that time, and soon enough, at the end of 1957, a song was created by lyricist Takao Saeki（佐伯孝夫） and composer Tadashi Yoshida（吉田正） with that very title.
The long-term campaign to change Yurakucho lasted for well over a decade, and when it was officially over in 1973, Nagai sang the song at that year's Kohaku Utagassen. Now, over half a century after its creation, "Yurakucho de Aimashou" remains one of the most popular examples of natsumero or nostalgic melodies. Perhaps it's taken on even more of a sepia-toned hue since Yurakucho Sogo, the store that was the catalyst behind the whole project, closed its doors for good in September 2000. There is now a Bic Camera store.
|Skyscrapers in Yurakucho|
|A ghost Shinkansen|