Credits

I would like to give credit where credit is due. Videos are from YouTube and other sources such as NicoNico while Oricon rankings and other information are translated from the Japanese Wikipedia unless noted.

Monday, July 18, 2016

AAA -- NEW


I didn't think I would ever write an article about the group AAA but I just found their latest single from June 2016, "NEW", pretty catchy when I first heard it on an episode of "Uta Kon"(うたコン)a few weeks ago. For me, it was the drums that made it an earworm for me.

"NEW" is their 51st single. I've seen this group of 7 men and women on a number of music shows including the Kohaku Utagassen but wasn't aware that they have been around for over 10 years. And to be honest, when I first heard of these folks, I kept thinking about that other Triple-A in America where the tow truck comes to your aid. I think it's safe to say that any of the members would look a whole lot prettier than the average tow truck driver.


The song was written by Takaki Mizoguchi(溝口貴紀)and composed by Atsushi Sato(佐藤あつし)with the rap part taken care of by one of the members, Mitsuhiro Hidaka(日高光啓). It reached as high as No. 3 on Oricon. It has also been used as a campaign song for Sprite, and AAA is even seen in the music video that was filmed in Los Angeles knocking back some of the stuff. My uncle in Osaka was a huge fan of the drink and he got me hooked on it as well.



1 comment:

  1. Hi J-Canuck.

    You ain't the only one who finds "NEW" an earworm. The drums were indeed a nice touch. I was glad albeit slightly surprised that they sung it on "Uta Kon".

    I found the "NEW" MV a few months ago when Avex was promoting AAA's new single, and the moment I saw those Sprite bottles take center stage I thought, "Man, this is a glorified Sprite commercial." Even the "Have a new feeling" part sounded like a slogan for the soda!

    But soda commercials aside, this was probably the song that made me grow to like AAA. They are pretty cool.

    ReplyDelete

Feel free to provide any comments (pro or con). Just be civil about it.