Credits

I would like to give credit where credit is due. Videos are from YouTube and other sources such as NicoNico while Oricon rankings and other information are translated from the Japanese Wikipedia unless noted.

Saturday, October 24, 2020

Inori Minase -- Kaimin! Anmin! Syalist Seikatsu(快眠!安眠!スヤリスト生活)/ORESAMA -- Gimmme!

 

It was about a year ago that due to various circumstances my family was without live television for about a week and for a couple of days, even the Internet was inaccessible. A high-tech fellow I am not, and that was a pretty difficult time since I had to be my family's ad hoc television scheduler through a combination of ancient videotapes of Japanese TV and YouTube programming. Until everything was finally resolved, I was getting pretty frazzled.

Last night, there was a large series of thunderstorms which roared through the Southern Ontario region like a biker gang, and it apparently sent a few conniptions through our TV box so that we found ourselves without television. Luckily, the outage was just overnight and I was able to find a way to get the TV back early this morning. However, I realized that I must still be suffering from a form of PTSD from last year's telecommunications nightmare since sleep definitely abandoned me. I ended up getting up a couple of hours before schedule and I basically just tackled the TV problem until the solution was finally discovered. Hopefully, I will get my proper rest tonight.

Ironically enough, there is an anime in this current Fall 2020 season which involves a moe but surprisingly ruthless princess who only desires a good night's sleep and will do anything to get it. My anime buddy told me about "Maōjō de Oyasumi"(魔王城でおやすみ...Sleepy Princess in the Demon Castle) in fairly glowing terms and unfortunately although I cannot find any whole episodes, there have been some amusing scenes on YouTube.

Seiyuu Inori Minase(水瀬いのり)as one of the current A-listers in the industry has a full plate on her schedule this year, and she's also back in Season 3 of the "Gochuumon wa Usagi desu ka?"(ご注文はうさぎですか?...Is The Order A Rabbit?)franchise as the button-down Chino, day barista at Rabbit House. However, she's also playing the sleep-deprived Princess Syalis on "Maōjō de Oyasumi" and takes care of the opening theme, "Kaimin! Anmin! Syalist Seikatsu" (Sleep! A Good Night's Sleep! Syalist Life), a bouncy pop tune with a bit of the Transylvanian fantasy treatment created by Shun Aratame(新田目駿). One would think that this could have been a cute little ditty to be inserted into "The Addams Family".

I've also discovered that the electro-funk duo ORESAMA was taking care of the ending theme, and it's been a good long while since I've heard from vocalist Pon(ぽん)and guitarist Hideya Kojima(小島英也). I think the last time I mentioned about them was for their contribution to the fun 2017 "Mahoujin Guruguru"(魔法陣グルグル...Magical Circle Guruguru), "Ryuusei Dance Floor" (流星ダンスフロア). Nice to hear their brand of disco and candy pop once more.

"Gimmme!" may describe Princess Syalis' demands (including a decent pillow) but it's also the ending theme for "Maōjō de Oyasumi" and their 9th single released about 10 days ago on October 14th. Written by Pon and composed by Kojima, ahhh, it's certainly nice to hear the beats from these guys again. Nighty-night!😴

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to provide any comments (pro or con). Just be civil about it.