Credits

I would like to give credit where credit is due. Videos are from YouTube and other sources such as NicoNico while Oricon rankings and other information are translated from the Japanese Wikipedia unless noted.

Sunday, October 18, 2020

Seiko Tomizawa -- La Rose Rouge

 

Earlier in the summer, I wrote up a couple of articles dealing with the theme song for the 1985 anime "Aoki Ryuusei SPT Layzner",(蒼き流星SPTレイズナー...Blue Comet SPT Layzner), ironically a series that I had never caught. There was the opening theme by the group with the distinctive name of AIRMAIL from NAGASAKI, "Melos no You ni - LONELY WAY"(メロスのように)and then the ending theme for the first 25 episodes, "Go-fun Dake no Wagamama"(5分だけのわがまま)by Seiko Tomizawa(富沢聖子).

The last several episodes of the series were ended by a new theme by Tomizawa titled "La Rose Rouge". Quite the classy love ballad, I think it was quite the lush ender for "SPT Layzner" and I even believe that it could have also made as a regular pop single for the singer (I think it was actually placed as the coupling song for "Melos no You ni" on the CD single). According to Amazon, there is even a disc by Tomizawa with that very title "La Rose Rouge" although I'm not sure whether it is a full CD album.

When I read that "La Rose Rouge" was composed by Tetsuji Hayashi(林哲司)with words by Misono Kawana(河奈みその), I did my naruhodo since Hayashi has always been one to come up with some of those fine urban contemporary love songs. There's something about "La Rose Rouge" that says a candlelit dinner for two in an expensive Tokyo restaurant more than battling mecha. In a way as well, I think the song is a prelude for some of those ballads that I would hear early in the next decade.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to provide any comments (pro or con). Just be civil about it.