Credits

I would like to give credit where credit is due. Videos are from YouTube and other sources such as NicoNico while Oricon rankings and other information are translated from the Japanese Wikipedia unless noted.

Thursday, October 22, 2020

Kazuko Ishibashi -- Happiest

 

Earlier this year, I gave my first write-up on singer-songwriter Kazuko Ishibashi(石橋和子) through one bouncy track "I-Yo-"(イーヨー)on her 1981 debut album "Nice to Meet You", and I mentioned that she didn't just cover City Pop but also other genres such as blues and jazz.

Well, I guess she also explored the Latin side, too, since "Happiest" from the B-side of the original LP has got some pleasant samba going for it. Written and composed by Ishibashi, I gather that this can be a Resort Pop song but to reflect that she has apparently gone for the gamut of genre experiences, I have categorized "Happiest" in the Latin and Pop genres. Anyways, the whole song matches the title quite nicely. Jun Sato(佐藤準)arranged it as he did all of the songs on the B-side.

Not surprisingly, "Nice to Meet You" is not exactly the easiest album to find still on sale on the various sites but I did find Discogs selling the original LP for a little over $85 Canadian. May the best fan win!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to provide any comments (pro or con). Just be civil about it.