Credits

I would like to give credit where credit is due. Videos are from YouTube and other sources such as NicoNico while Oricon rankings and other information are translated from the Japanese Wikipedia unless noted.

Friday, August 26, 2022

Aki Koike -- Ichi Byo(1秒)

 

Regrettably, I couldn't find much information on the singer-songwriter Aki Koike(小池映)outside of what she has released for her discography which might be as many as 7 singles and 4 albums between 1995 and 2000

KKP contributor HRLE92, i.e. YouTube's Island Fantasia, placed one of Koike's albums onto his channel last year. "Pure Touch of White" is her 1997 album and that first track "Ichi Byo" (One Second) is already burrowing its way into my head due to its slow groove. Written and composed by Koike with Satoshi Kadokura(門倉聡)also helping out on the melody, it's a nice and casual night walk through the city. Considering that I had thought of Misia and Hikaru Utada(宇多田ヒカル)as the vanguard of the new J-R&B at the end of the 20th century, hearing Koike for the first time, I think that I may have to adjust my thinking somewhat. At the same time, I am also reminded of chanteuse Harumi Tsuyuzaki(露崎春女)as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to provide any comments (pro or con). Just be civil about it.