Credits

I would like to give credit where credit is due. Videos are from YouTube and other sources such as NicoNico while Oricon rankings and other information are translated from the Japanese Wikipedia unless noted.

Sunday, May 14, 2023

Geeca -- Yarusenai Mind(やるせない mind)

 

Unfortunately, I couldn't find a lot of information on this singer Geeca but there has been a blurb about her being passed around on various websites such as the one for Tunecore Japan. I've translated it here:

Incorporating the melody and vocal essence of J-Pop from the 80s and 90s, Geeca creates music that also brings together elements of City Pop.

And that's really all she wrote. Still, whether listeners want to call it Neo-City Pop or J-R&B, her "Yarusenai Mind" (Inconsolable Mind) from October 2022 is pretty cool and soulful. In fact, I think that the song reminds me of some of the tunes that Momoe Shimano(嶋野百恵)was singing back in the late 1990s such as "baby baby, Service". If any of you folks out there have some more information on Geeca, please let us know.

3 comments:

  1. I love a good mystery and this is one! There is not much about Geeca on the web, but I know that Geeca joined Twitter back in August of 2014 under the name piropiro3211 but later change to Geeca sometime in 2022 I am guessing. Her eggs website id is Kaji0823Kaji and on that website, she has the following blurb 「好きなジャンルはジャズ、ソウルなのですが、曲を作るときはジャンルを意識せず作ってます」= "When I write music I do so without the consideration of genre, but my favorite genre Jazz and Soul."

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the additional information. Every little nugget helps.

      Delete
    2. If come across anything else I will let you know

      Delete

Feel free to provide any comments (pro or con). Just be civil about it.