Credits

I would like to give credit where credit is due. Videos are from YouTube and other sources such as NicoNico while Oricon rankings and other information are translated from the Japanese Wikipedia unless noted.

Tuesday, May 30, 2023

Often Mofun -- Gozen Rei-ji wa Tameiki Bakari(午前0時はため息ばかり)

 

Well, I started today with a pretty sunny song by Serani Poji(セラニポージ)so allow me to finish off the day with something similar.

And it's also by a group with a distinct name, Often Mofun. I actually wrote about them a couple of years ago through their song "CITY DANCER" with Rumi Ishikawa as the vocalist and lyricist. I saw them as an example of the Neo-City Pop and/or Neo-Shibuya-kei bands. "CITY DANCER" leans toward the City Pop but this other track, "Gozen Rei-ji wa Tameiki Bakari" (Nothing But Sighs at Midnight) from their sole album from 2016, "Tiny boxes", perhaps goes a bit more into the Shibuya-kei since the arrangement strikes me as being a bit of that 1960s sunshine pop that I thought was represented by groups such as The Mamas and the Papas. It's a nice song to end a day upon.

I checked their website again but the latest entry is the announcement for their "new" music video for "CITY DANCER" and "Tiny boxes". Perhaps Often Mofun has indeed disappeared into the wind.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to provide any comments (pro or con). Just be civil about it.