Credits

I would like to give credit where credit is due. Videos are from YouTube and other sources such as NicoNico while Oricon rankings and other information are translated from the Japanese Wikipedia unless noted.

Sunday, May 7, 2023

Miyuki Kosaka -- Kimagure Juu-dai(気まぐれ10代)

 

What I'm covering here is "Kimagure Juu-dai" (Capricious Teen) by aidoru Miyuki Kosaka(香坂みゆき). I have a number of adjectives to describe my teens, and capricious isn't one of them. Awkward and depressing are two of them.😞

But I digress. I was just entering adolescence when "Kimagure Juu-dai" as a track on Kosaka's 3rd album "Sugao no Mama de"(素顔のままで...Just the Way You Are) was released in December 1978. Written and composed by Kaoru Ito(伊藤薫)and arranged by Kei Wakakusa(若草恵), it's a typical aidoru tune of that time with the twangy guitar, the breezy strings and Kosaka's light and happy vocals. It's also one of the shortest aidoru tunes I know at a mere 2 1/2 minutes.

This is the earliest song by Kosaka that I've covered in her discography to date. She has explored some other genres going into the 1980s as well including synthpop and City Pop.

3 comments:

  1. You're right this was a short song! Just as I was getting into 気まぐれ10代 it abruptly ended! I wonder if at some point this song was meant to be the background music for a commercial or the ending theme of some drama?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi, Brian. The first time I was listening to it, I was like "What the heck happened? Did the stream stop?", and then I found it was only 2.5 minutes long. Not sure whether "Kimagure Juu-dai" was ever meant for a commercial (if so, I'm thinking acne medication or a drink), but Kosaka did have that really catchy tune for an ad years later.

      Delete
    2. In the 'end' I guess the song is literally Kimagure!

      Delete

Feel free to provide any comments (pro or con). Just be civil about it.