Credits

I would like to give credit where credit is due. Videos are from YouTube and other sources such as NicoNico while Oricon rankings and other information are translated from the Japanese Wikipedia unless noted.

Monday, September 16, 2024

Takeshi Vocal Studio's Top Karaoke Songs for People in Their 60s

 

It's another national holiday in Japan today. If it's September, that means Respect-for-the-Aged Day(敬老の日)and I found out just last weekend that the holiday had been first formed in the immediate postwar era in Hyogo Prefecture.

As such, I was thinking of putting up a list of favourite karaoke tunes among the more elderly. Admittedly though, sexagenarians don't strike me as being quite that old but at least their choices were easy to track down on the blog, and of course, I'm not too far from that group of people, age-wise. So, I'll be divvying things up between the Top 3 karaoke songs for both men and women in their 60s according to the Nagoya-based Takeshi Vocal Studio, a karaoke training school.

Men

1. Ikuzo Yoshi -- Sake yo (酒よ)


2. Yujiro Ishihara -- Kita no Tabibito (北の旅人)


3. Rimi Natsukawa -- Nada Soso (涙そうそう)


Women

1. Sayuri Ishikawa -- Amagi Goe (天城越え)


2. Yo Hitoto -- Hanamizuki (ハナミズキ)


3. Sayuri Ishikawa -- Tsugaru Kaikyo Fuyu Geshiki (津軽海峡・冬景色)


Hmmm....not sure whether there has been a bump in visits to the karaoke boxes by the seniors today.

3 comments:

  1. Song's for people in their 60's!? What! I am not even my 50's, yet and I like these songs! Rimi Natsukawa -- Nada Soso (涙そうそう), Yo Hitoto -- Hanamizuki (ハナミズキ), and Sayuri Ishikawa -- Tsugaru Kaikyo Fuyu Geshiki (津軽海峡・冬景色)are songs that I think could also grab the ears of 40 year olds like myself, too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can imagine that there are some in their 20s who enjoy these songs, too. One of them is even writing for the blog.:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. The Sayuri songs seem tough to do well.

    ReplyDelete

Feel free to provide any comments (pro or con). Just be civil about it.