Credits

I would like to give credit where credit is due. Videos are from YouTube and other sources such as NicoNico while Oricon rankings and other information are translated from the Japanese Wikipedia unless noted.

Friday, September 13, 2024

Yumiko Ohsugi -- My Honey

 

Hello and welcome to another Urban Contemporary Friday on KKP. Hopefully, everyone is having a good end to their work week.

I've seen this 1979 album with the blurry cover of a woman sitting somewhere in blue jeans and open-toed shoes before. Titled "Sky Rocketting" (sic), it is a compilation of the award winners from the inaugural Toshiba Express Singer-Songwriter Contest. I never took a dip into the album myself but then providence provided an opportunity.

One of the tracks is "My Honey" by singer-songwriter Yumiko Ohsugi(大杉弓子)who apparently had entered the 8th Yamaha Popular Song Contest back in 1974 and also came up with a song for Sandii from Sandii & The Sunsetz, but that's the only information that I have for her thus far. But getting back to "My Honey", it is a pleasantly breezy City Pop/AOR tune that was written and composed by the singer which brings to mind highway drives with the top down. Would certainly like to try hearing some of the other tracks on "Sky Rocketting".

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to provide any comments (pro or con). Just be civil about it.