Credits

I would like to give credit where credit is due. Videos are from YouTube and other sources such as NicoNico while Oricon rankings and other information are translated from the Japanese Wikipedia unless noted.

Sunday, December 10, 2017

Mari Iijima -- The Christmas Song


Yes, folks, Christmas has once again descended upon the good folks here at "Kayo Kyoku Plus". Mind you, I pretty much burned the entire wick in the first couple of years of the blog's existence in terms of J-Xmas tunes. However, I like to think that there are still some undiscovered Yuletide niceties out there.


And I found one. This would be Mari Iijima's(飯島真理)pretty cover of the classic "The Christmas Song" originally by Mel Torme and Bob Wells. Her version comes on her own Xmas album "The Christmas Song" from 1989 and includes "Blue Christmas" which was actually her own creation and not a cover of the song also covered by Elvis Presley. I appreciate the fact Iijima's version has got that nice acapella and an arrangement that reminded me of the classic version by Nat King Cole.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to provide any comments (pro or con). Just be civil about it.