Credits

I would like to give credit where credit is due. Videos are from YouTube and other sources such as NicoNico while Oricon rankings and other information are translated from the Japanese Wikipedia unless noted.

Wednesday, December 27, 2017

Tatsuhiko Yamamoto -- Pacific Blue(パシフィックブルー)


Heck of a time to be writing about a summer song but, hey, if it warms up any of the Toronto readers here, I think I will have done my good deed for the day.


I had this video featuring Tatsuhiko Yamamoto's(山本達彦)"Pacific Blue" languishing in my bookmarks for the longest time, so I figured it was time to pull it out. A track on his 1982 album "Taiyo ga Ippai"(太陽がいっぱい...Le Plein Soleil), Yamamoto and lyricist Machiko Ryu(竜真知子)created this paean to lost loves everywhere. Apparently, the colour of heartbreak is a deep Pacific blue. The ballad almost sounds like music that Mayumi Itsuwa(五輪真弓)would perform....it has that certain ennui to it except for that underlying electric guitar rumbling away and then another guitar wearing its heart on its own sleeve at the end.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to provide any comments (pro or con). Just be civil about it.