Credits

I would like to give credit where credit is due. Videos are from YouTube and other sources such as NicoNico while Oricon rankings and other information are translated from the Japanese Wikipedia unless noted.

Sunday, December 29, 2019

bohemianvoodoo -- Adria Blue



Gotta say that as soon as I started listening to the light Latin jazz of "Adria Blue" by the cool group bohemianvoodoo, I figured that these were guys that I would have loved to have seen live at an intimate jazz club in Shinjuku such as Dug.

"Adria Blue" is the starting track on bohemianvoodoo's 2nd full album "Scenes" released in December 2012. I've only listened to the song a few times but I keep getting feelings of Pat Metheny and Django Reinhardt, and basically there is something rather European in the arrangement of "Adria Blue". Frankly, if I could ask someone who has synesthesia, I would want him/her to describe the appearance of this unique colour on hearing the song.

The band consists of guitarist bashiry, pianist Iori Kimura(木村イオリ), bassist nassy and Takuya Yamamoto(山本拓矢)on drums. According to their website, bohemianvoodoo first got together in 2008 to start performing mainly in the Tokyo and Kanagawa areas. They have released mini-albums and full albums with their most recent release being "Moments" which came out in March 2019.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to provide any comments (pro or con). Just be civil about it.