Credits

I would like to give credit where credit is due. Videos are from YouTube and other sources such as NicoNico while Oricon rankings and other information are translated from the Japanese Wikipedia unless noted.

Friday, December 20, 2019

The 5.6.7.8's -- I'm Blue


Now, I mentioned about City Pop parties in my last article. However, if any of you readers are more into garage rock or rockabilly or wanna slam dance with the best of them, perhaps this one here may be more to your liking. Actually, I had completely forgotten that The 5.6.7.8's performed this particular number in "Kill Bill" since I was keyed into their "Woo Hoo" in the same movie. Not sure if this was before or after O-Ren made her grand entrance into the House of Blue Leaves.


Actually, "I'm Blue" was released as a single in 2004, their 17th and most recent one to date, right after "Woo Hoo". I don't know whether "I'm Blue" was created by the band itself or like "Woo Hoo" was a cover of an original tune from the United States or the United Kingdom. The interesting things that I've picked up from "I'm Blue" are that there is a feeling of very early Beatles in the arrangement and that I can easily imagine some of my old buddies going all punk on it.

Visiting their website, I found out that a BEST compilation had been released earlier in August of this year.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to provide any comments (pro or con). Just be civil about it.