Credits

I would like to give credit where credit is due. Videos are from YouTube and other sources such as NicoNico while Oricon rankings and other information are translated from the Japanese Wikipedia unless noted.

Thursday, May 9, 2024

Romi -- It's All Right

 

Invariably, there are times when I feel as if I'm about to be crushed under the weight of all of my responsibilities including the need to put in my daily two articles for "Kayo Kyoku Plus". But then, I've taught myself when that unwanted feeling threatens to invade my mind and soul to ask myself "Is it really that bad?". My tasks are then separated and analyzed, and I soon find out that most of them aren't absolutely necessary to be done by a certain time and I can always do them over the next few days. It's all right.

Well, we've got "It's All Right" right here. Recorded by Romi Narita(成田路実), I mentioned her the first time back in late 2020 when I posted about her "Seaside Park" from 1991. By 1996, when "It's All Right" first made its presence known as a coupling song to her single, "Kitto Kitto Machigai janai"(きっと きっと間違いじゃない...I'm Sure It's Not a Mistake), the former host of Fuji-TV's late-night program "All-Night Fuji" had decided to change her name from the original kanji to just Romi in romaji.

The song was written by Romi and Rie Matsumoto(松本理恵)with music by Nobuhide Saki(佐木伸誘), and I got hints of perhaps 1990s City Pop or sophisticated pop or even some Shibuya-kei, but in the end, I opted to split the difference and just go with some pleasant summery groovy pop. In any case, it's a nice tune happily reminiscent of that certain segment of J-Pop of the final decade of the 20th century.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to provide any comments (pro or con). Just be civil about it.