Credits

I would like to give credit where credit is due. Videos are from YouTube and other sources such as NicoNico while Oricon rankings and other information are translated from the Japanese Wikipedia unless noted.

Monday, June 11, 2018

Kana Hanazawa -- Ren'ai Circulation(恋愛サーキュレーション)



Happy Monday to you folks! Feeling nice and seasonal out there today and I gotta pick up my cleaning tomorrow morning. Anyways, for the past several months, I've often watched the compilation videos made by Anime Brain which mixes in anime excerpts with the brain of Monty Python, it seems. It's been fun for the most part, but there are only so many Beyblade and "nikko, nikko, nii~" gags before things get repetitive. Still, one of the anison that has frequently been used in the videos has been burrowing relentlessly into my skull due to its incredibly cheerful delivery, and I've been somewhat curious as to the title and singer behind it.


Well, last night, I finally found out by chance. I saw this concert video featuring famous seiyuu Kana Hanazawa(花澤香菜)hovering on the YouTube page, so I decided to take a gander. Yup, it was indeed the song, and I realized that Anime Brain had not only used the beginning but also the middle in its videos all these months.

The earworm in question is titled "Ren'ai Circulation" (Love Circulation), and it was one of the opening theme songs for the 2009 anime "Bakemonogatari"(化物語...Monster Tales). I never saw the show since I was out of the anime world at the time but according to TV Tropes, it was a fairly polarizing program depending on which side of the Pacific Ocean anime fans lived on. However, the same site also reported that Hanazawa's character of Nadeko Sengoku and "Ren'ai Circulation" were her breakout role and song respectively.


I've gotten a fair number of Hanazawa songs now due to her later contributions in fare including "Gabriel Dropout"(ガヴリールドロップアウト)and "Shirokuma Cafe"(しろくまカフェ), so I will kindly invite her fluffy "Ren'ai Circulation" to the category. Perhaps it might be my first time that I have ever heard of moe groove before. Satoru Kousaki(神前暁)was behind the circus-like melody while meg rock took care of the lyrics.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to provide any comments (pro or con). Just be civil about it.