Credits

I would like to give credit where credit is due. Videos are from YouTube and other sources such as NicoNico while Oricon rankings and other information are translated from the Japanese Wikipedia unless noted.

Wednesday, April 3, 2019

Yutaka Yokokura -- Dragonfly


Dang! I really ought to invest more in Yutaka Yokokura's(横倉裕)material. Well, this will be the third article intended to smooth some rough edges in my day today along with my just-posted "Hajimete no Machi de"(初めての街で).


As much as Sachiko Nishida(西田佐知子)plied me with sake in "Hajimete no Machi de", I'm definitely feeling tropical cocktail-bound with Yokokura's "Dragonfly" from his 1978 album "Love Light". This takes me from the izakaya to the patio of a beachside bar. All I can say is that it's one funky insect darting about with Yokokura handling both the Fender Rhodes and koto to create one smooth fusion piece.

"Love Light" would definitely be the first solo Yokokura album that I would love to purchase but the last time I checked, it was in that dreaded haiban(廃盤...discontinued)status. However, during my time on this blog, some albums have come back from the dead. This is one that I would love to have reincarnated for not only "Dragonfly" but also for the title track. However, one question that I need to pose is what is up with that aroused red tribble on the cover.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to provide any comments (pro or con). Just be civil about it.