Credits

I would like to give credit where credit is due. Videos are from YouTube and other sources such as NicoNico while Oricon rankings and other information are translated from the Japanese Wikipedia unless noted.

Tuesday, March 19, 2024

Akemi Kakihara -- Love's Holiday

 

As loathe as I am to admit it, it's been almost a decade since Akemi Kakihara's(柿原朱美)name has been on the byline for an article (although she has been part of other articles since then as a songwriter). The most recent posting for her specifically is the one for "September Tokyo Tower" from her 7th album from 1995, "Mermaid Kiss". I put that one up back in September 2014.

However, I am here to make partial amends for this ten-year oversight by putting up another track from "Mermaid Kiss". "Love's Holiday" is a mellow and groovy pop song written and composed by Kakihara with some catchy soft scatting. Along with the delivery, I also enjoy the synth-horns coming up with a bridge that sounds slightly 60s Bacharach-esque pop. 

I can understand why she was able to make a lot of songs for fellow singer-songwriter Miki Imai(今井美樹)since there is a similarity in both women's vocals. Y'know...I should have posted "Love's Holiday" back on Valentine's Day but as they say "Better late than never".

1 comment:

  1. You'r right Akemi Kakihara does sound a little like Miki Imai! Hmm, even in 1995 when this song was released I think it may have sounded a little retro.

    ReplyDelete

Feel free to provide any comments (pro or con). Just be civil about it.