Credits

I would like to give credit where credit is due. Videos are from YouTube and other sources such as NicoNico while Oricon rankings and other information are translated from the Japanese Wikipedia unless noted.

Monday, March 18, 2024

Thank You, Shigeichi Negishi!

 

In the last few days, I saw reports that the inventor of karaoke (there have been a couple of theories on that), Shigeichi Negishi(根岸重一), who had come up with something called a Sparko Box in 1967 for those who wanted to sing their favourite kayo kyoku, passed away on January 26th at the age of 100. First off, my condolences to his family, friends and fans.

Secondly, although I've already posted some of my own personal choices when it comes to karaoke such as my five go-to karaoke tunes, I still would like to provide my own tribute to the man and his invention by putting up another five songs. However, these are songs that I didn't personally try out but are those entries that my friends and other customers tackled quite often at our karaoke haunt of Kuri back in our university years.

Ah, by the way, as of this writing, we're getting close to 7 million views since we got started back in 2012. Maybe by the time I get back here tomorrow, we'll have reached it! Thanks to all of you!

Anri -- Kanashimi ga Tomaranai (悲しみがとまらない)


Checkers -- Namida no Request (涙のリクエスト)


Seiko Matsuda -- Akai Sweet Pea (赤いスイートピー)


Akina Nakamori -- Shojo A (少女A)


Shinji Tanimura -- Subaru (昴)

3 comments:

  1. Hey, 悲しみがとまらない and 少女A are among some of the song I like to sing at Karaoke, too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello, Brian. Considering how often I heard those two songs, some of those lyrics have just stayed in my head for decades now.

      Delete
    2. I can imagine! There are also some songs out there that you might hear only once but some how they get stuck in your head!

      Delete

Feel free to provide any comments (pro or con). Just be civil about it.