Credits

I would like to give credit where credit is due. Videos are from YouTube and other sources such as NicoNico while Oricon rankings and other information are translated from the Japanese Wikipedia unless noted.

Friday, July 19, 2024

Tomoko Kuwae -- Wind & Kiss

 

It was over five years ago when we took that cruise on Royal Caribbean's Harmony of the Seas which at that time was the largest cruise ship on the planet. However, the Harmony has been supplanted three times since then with the current champion being the Icon of the Seas. I heard that the Icon had recently suffered a bit of a fire problem.

After being on two cruises last decade, I feel that my time on a cruise ship is pretty much over. Not that I hated my time on them but I never really became a fan of ocean cruises. Still, having said that, I can't help but get that cruise ship feeling when I listen to singer-songwriter Tomoko Kuwae's(桑江知子)"Wind & Kiss" which might have something of The Love Boat in mind. A track from her "Mr. Cool" album from April 1980, it's indeed a sunset summer breeze of a Resort Pop tune to listen to while relaxing on the lounge chair and enjoying a Summer Breeze cocktail (indeed, it does exist)🍹. Kuwae's plaintive vocals and the background chorus help out immensely.

Back in 2022, I also wrote about the title track from "Mr. Cool", so have a listen to that one as well. Also, give the Summer Breeze a try if you're into mixology.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to provide any comments (pro or con). Just be civil about it.