Credits

I would like to give credit where credit is due. Videos are from YouTube and other sources such as NicoNico while Oricon rankings and other information are translated from the Japanese Wikipedia unless noted.

Sunday, October 13, 2013

Akiko Yano & Kazufumi Miyazawa -- Futari no Harmony (二人のハーモニー)


What a sunny and positive tune, just like the most perfect romance. I've been a fan of both Kazufumi Miyazawa (宮沢和史) from The Boom and Akiko Yano (矢野顕子) for a while now, so I was curious to hear their collaboration single, "Futari no Harmony" (二人のハーモニー), that came out in May 1995. I eventually got a hold of the song via Yano's 1996 best-of "Hitotsu dake" (ひとつだけ). Yes, I enjoyed it for its relaxing bossa-nova feel and soothing melody. However, it was only a couple days ago that I came across the official video above, and I must say, it just earned the song 10 bonus charm points. This was made after Yano changed residence to New York so the video is full of split frames showing her American lifestyle and Miyazawa's traditional Japanese one. I adore the telephone scenes, the paper airplane bit, and of course, Yano's smile. It can warm the most unfeeling of hearts.

The song itself is an interesting mix between the two artists' styles, and they mutually wrote, composed and arranged it. Miyazawa added in the bossa nova and a bit of samba that builds up towards the end, while Yano provided her signature piano riffs. If you're familiar with her jazz-flavored pop material from the 90's, you'll know what I mean.

Seriously, I made the best breakfast in months thanks to this song. Not as good as the stuff they're having in the video, though.

Source: amazon.jp

1 comment:

  1. Bacon and eggs and Eggos for me here. It IS Sunday after all.

    Thanks for this one as well. I remember hearing it as the jingle for a wine commercial way back when. And then I was happy when I got it on Akiko Yano's BEST collection.

    ReplyDelete

Feel free to provide any comments (pro or con). Just be civil about it.