Credits

I would like to give credit where credit is due. Videos are from YouTube and other sources such as NicoNico while Oricon rankings and other information are translated from the Japanese Wikipedia unless noted.

Tuesday, June 21, 2016

Yosui Inoue -- Jenny My Love (ジェニーMy Love)


There was one song that I hadn't included on my article for Yosui Inoue & Anzen Chitai's (井上陽水・安全地帯)collaborative concert album "Stardust Rendezvous" and that was because I felt (and still do) that it deserved its own entry. I just thought it was that good. Having Inoue and good buddy Koji Tamaki(玉置浩二)throw out a cool blues tune sealed the deal for me.


The song is "Jenny My Love" and it wasn't an official single but a track on Inoue's 7th album, "Sneaker Dancer"(スニーカーダンサー)from September 1979. Inoue wrote and composed "Jenny My Love" seemingly as if he were truly in thrall with a lass named Jenny. The song does this slow simmer throughout its time punctuated with a few roiling boils when the line "Just walking in the rain" gets delivered and then that guitar solo sends everyone into the night sky. This would probably be a challenge for any Inoue fan/karaoke singer but the payoff would be excellent. As for "Sneaker Dancer", it went as high as No. 3 on Oricon.

I'm kinda surprised that no YouTuber has placed this song onto a video collage of Jennifer Lawrence yet. :)


1 comment:

  1. Sneaker Dancer is another great album! Check out 事件 for a fairly bizarre story.

    ReplyDelete

Feel free to provide any comments (pro or con). Just be civil about it.